At Adelaide Central YHA, our entire team is commited to reducing our environmental footprint and being responsible community members through a mix of conservation and sustainability practices and services.
During your stay, we have made it easy for you to participate in sustainable practices and we value your ideas to further our efforts.
SUSTAINABILITY AT ADELAIDE CENTRAL YHA
You'll spot these energy saving features around the hostel:
- Low energy lighting
- Bike storage - to encourage sustainable transport
- Solar Hot Water system - warm showers for you - happy environment
- Key Card Power
- Administration devices turned off at night
You'll spot these waste saving features around the hostel:
- Fabric shopping bags available for sale
- Comprehensive recycling bins on every floor
- Recycled paper used where needed
- Refillable water bottles available
- Water fountain/bubblers available for refilling water bottles
- Herb garden
- Biodegradable cleaning products
You'll spot these water saving features around the hostel:
- Water efficient appliances
- Dual flush toilets
- Instant hot water urn
- Front loader washing machines
- Water fountains/bubblers
Humans Helping Humans
Our team is proud to be able to help those that aren't lucky enough to have a bed every night by supporting the Hutt St Centre:
- VOLUNTEERING - every month, our team are proud to volunteer their time to serve meals to homeless people at the Hutt St Centre.
You can help in the following ways:
- FOOD DONATIONS - You can donate unopened, non-perishable food items in the donation baskets at the hostel and we'll make sure they go to someone in need.
- CLOTHING DONATIONS - Looking to lighten your luggage? We're looking for winter clothing, waterproof jackets, sleeping bags etc - and you can travel on knowing your left someone in need a little more comfortable.
- FEEL GOOD FRIDAYS - We hope you enjoy your free pancakes every morning. On Friday mornings, we invite gold coin donations*** to go towards breakfast for someone less fortunate.
***Every $359 we raise provides meals for 200 people experiencing homelessness through the Hutt St Centre.